Wednesday, November 10, 2010

County Events Day - 4-H Creed and Pledge Contest

  On County Events day, April 2nd, 2011 there are two things even the newest member can participate in and be successful.  These are designed to give you a chance to show you have learned about the culture of 4-H through the creed and pledge.  Junior aged members memorize the Creed and Cloverbud aged members memorize the pledge.  You are judged on how correctly you recite the words from memory as well as your presentation skills for being able to be heard clearly saying the words while you stand without figeting.  That sounds pretty easy.  Get ready remembering the creed and or pledge below and practice on your family and club friends.  Then on County Events day.  Let your voice be heard.

Creed Contest
  1. This is restricted to junior age members.  Previous first place winners are not eligible to compete again.  
The National 4-H Creed for Members:
I believe in 4-H Club work for the opportunity it will give me to become a useful citizen.

I believe in the training of my HEAD for the power it will give me to think, to plan and to reason.

I believe in the training of my HEART for the nobleness it will give me to become kind, sympathetic and true.

I believe in the training of my HANDS for the ability it will give me to be helpful, useful and skillful.

I believe in the training of my HEALTH for the strength it will give me to enjoy life, to resist disease, and to work efficiently.

I believe in my country, my State, and my community, and in my responsibility for their development.


 4-H Pledge Contest
    1. This is restricted to Cloverbud (age 5-7) members.  They will have the opportunity to say the 4-H flag pledge. 
The National 4-H pledge for Members:I Pledge...
My Head to clearer thinking,  (hand action:  touch fingers to forehead )
My Heart to greater loyalty,   (Place right hand over left chest, heart)
My Hands to larger service, and, (extend arms palms up)
My Health for better living, (drop hands and arms down by sides)
for My Club, my Community, my Country, and my World.  (Keep arms down)