Hi kids, this message from Ms. Wendy at the State office, Animal Science Department. The forms she mentions are available on the web and I have them as attachments in an email from Ms. Wendy. So If you are working on livestock or horse judging this season and want to participate let Ms. Renee' know. email@example.com 904-259-3520
Hello all! Just a reminder about the upcoming 4-H Livestock and Horse Judging events at the Florida State Fair. Both events are Saturday, February 12, and the registration for both is due Monday, January 31.
FSF 4-H Livestock Judging Contest
· Each county may enter one team of up to four members. Youth may be any age (8-18) and will all be competing equally.
· Registration form is attached, “FSFformL.pdf”
· *New* - there is a $15 entry fee for every Livestock team.
· Check-in begins at 8:00am, contest begins at 9:00am.
· Contest will have placing classes, cattle/hog evaluation, and one questions class (breeding cattle w/ performance data).
· http://animal.ifas.ufl.edu/youth/livestock/livestockJudgingStateFair.shtml for full details.
FSF 4-H Horse Judging Contest
· Each county may enter up to two teams: one senior team of up to four members (14 & over), and one any age (8-18) team of up to four members. All youth will be competing equally.
· Registration form is attached, “FSFformH.pdf”
· Check-in begins at 12:30pm, contest begins at 1:30pm.
· There is no entry fee for the Horse Judging Contest.
· Planned classes include (subject to change if horse availability changes): stock halter, hunter in hand, Arab halter, western pleasure, western riding, hunter under saddle, and hunt seat equitation. The western riding pattern is AQHA pattern one. The HS equitation pattern will be provided at the event.
· http://animal.ifas.ufl.edu/youth/horse/stateFair.shtml for full details.
Please note that this registration and contest information is for 4-H teams only. FFA have different entry and contest procedures so they should check the FFA website. As always, you can check if your 4-H team is registered at http://animal.ifas.ufl.edu/youth/Entries.shtml.
We look forward to seeing everyone in Tampa!